If you have a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) of your knee, and are scheduled to undergo an ACL reconstruction surgery with a donor graft, you may be eligible for a study on a new treatment.
- Brian Forsythe, M.D.
- Bernard Bach, M.D.
- Brian J. Cole, M.D., M.B.A.
- Adam B. Yanke, M.D.
- Nikhil N. Verma, M.D.
- Anthony Romeo, M.D.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description
This research study is an investigation to assess the effects of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) on graft healing after ACL reconstruction. The full terms of the investigation and study protocol are disclosed in the patient consent form and will be described by the physician and research coordinator upon inquiry. Patients who are eligible for this study may be approached by either the physician or research coordinator prior to the day of surgery.
Eligibility Criteria for this Clinical Trial
In order to be eligible for this study, the following criteria must be met:
- Completely torn ACL seen on MRI
- Scheduled to receive an ACL reconstruction surgery with a bone-patellar tendon-bone allograft
- Be between the ages of 18-60 years old
- No history of prior surgery on the same knee